Minnesota United FC Supporters Section Code of Conduct
MNUFC fans have a right to expect an environment where:
· Supporters are encouraged to cheer, sing, wave flags and otherwise support Minnesota United FC while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
· Supporters enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racist, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
· Supporters promptly return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
· Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
· Supporters comply with requests from Minnesota United FC supporter leaders and stadium staff regarding policies and emergency response procedures.
· Supporters conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium, concourses, and in the parking lots.
What happens when these rules are broken:
Individuals who break these rules may be given a verbal warning if the infraction is light enough, or the person may even be subject to a ban from the section/away travel. Minor infractions get a yellow card. Only major infractions get a red card. Two yellows equals a red. The severity of a conduct violation will be determined by a Supporters Conduct Review board or by the team themselves, depending on the circumstances.
Yellow Card = warning
· A yellow card given in the first half of the season applies for the rest of that season and will not apply the following season.
· A yellow card given in the second half of the season applies for the rest of that season and half of the following season.
Red Card = ban
A red card at any time applies for the rest of that season and for the entirety of the next season.
Section Captain Initiative
All MNUFC Supporters Groups have agreed to launch the Section Captain Initiative. This initiative aims to help maintain a comfortable and safe atmosphere for all MNUFC home matches.
As the supporters community continues to grow it is important to be more proactive in creating a positive environment for everyone who stands in our section to cheer on the Loons. All section captains will be wearing easily identifiable pink armbands with a large black ‘C’ on them.
NOTE: section captains are not a replacement for in-stadium security. In the event of an urgent threat, or an emergency, please seek out stadium security.
Please seek out a section captain in the following situations:
• A situation arises that makes you or another supporter feels unsafe, but a threat is not imminent (for imminent threats please contact in-stadium security)
• Another supporter is using hateful and/or racist language towards anyone
• Someone is found sporting opposing team colors in the supporters section
• If you have any questions about supporters groups
• If you’re new and want to know what’s going on
We are all responsible for addressing behavior that is anyway detrimental to the supporters section. We are committed to providing leadership and support to all who stand with us and it is our hope that this will be a useful step in achieving that goal.